Greetings

From: Jason B. Barile (jbbarile@vuse.vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Tue May 13 1997 - 14:24:58 PDT

Hello everyone!

I bought my shakuhachi while in Japan last summer on an internship.
The professor who I was staying with happened to know a flute maker
in Nagoya who was kind enough to sell me a used flute at a greatly
discounted price. The flute was originally for my sister, but she decided
that she didn't think she would ever play it. So, it now sits on my shelf
waiting to be played once more.

I have purchased some lesson tapes from Monty Levenson, but have
yet to seriously take up the instrument. There's nothing like having
a real teacher, and unfortunately Nashville doesn't have much of a
shakuhachi scene. I'm looking forward to moving to Seattle in July,
though, where hopefully my chances of finding a teacher will be better.

Thanks Bruce Jones for starting this list! Here's to the great
conversations ahead...

        -Jason

----
Jason B. Barile