John Dewey Bio

From: Bruce Jones (bjones@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Wed May 14 1997 - 11:12:33 PDT

Here is ...

>From MaxLevel@aol.com Tue May 13 15:12:57 1997

My name is John Dewey. I'm a musician by trade singing and playing many
instruments including acoustic and electric guitar, bass, keys, flute, and
most recently shakuhachi.
Recently a friend presented me with a fine, seven hole flute made by Monty
Levenson as a gift. Being somewhat aquainted with flute playing, I was able
to get a decent tone right away. However, that's about as far as it's gone.
While listening to CD's and trying to play along, I'm beginning to realize
the depth of the instrument.
I live in the Tidewater area of Virginia. Hampton, near Virginia beach. I
don't know anyone who's heard of Shakuhachi, much less played one. Any help
would be appreciated.

Thanks,

jd