Just feeling chatty tonite,

From: Patrick Lichty (voyd@rex.imperium.net)
Date: Thu May 15 1997 - 19:43:32 PDT

Steve Casano Wrote,

"I'm just curious as to whom you have been studying with and what repertoire
you are presently working on. If you have a background in western music, do
you notice a significant difference in lesson structure? Also, what school
of playing are you studying(Kinko, Tozan, etc.)?"

I have studied with Daniel Mantey in Cleveland, who in turn, has studied
with a number of teachers, Including Christopher Blasdel and Tom (The guy
who makes the Ichiyo books). He's classically taight in Western music, and
holds a graduate degree in Recorder.

I also play all guitars, and my lesson structure is somewhat different, in
tone, if not is structure. We warm up, review practice exercises, then go
over old/new material. Pretty standard.

I study Kinko-ryu, and have Kyorei and Hi Fu Mi under my belt. For
practice purposes, I have also learned a number of Japanese folk songs
which a re fun to play and get the fingers warmed up.

Patrick...