competitions

From: dale r koenig (drkoenig@juno.com)
Date: Sat May 17 1997 - 14:06:28 PDT

Hollis;

I didn't mean to sound 'preachey' , you did though remind me of my early
competition-type experiences, and they were not 'stress-free' by any
stretch of the
imagination. But after doing it many times my confidence grew and soon
the experience was not a paralyzing trama. During and after college I
did quite a
few auditions and found that much easier than the competion
experience........
The competions and auditions were not on shakuhachi, but in voice. I
have only
been blowing since October of last year, so am not anywhere near being
ready
for anyone to hear me play. I really savour the meditional quality of
the flute want
have a thourough grounding in that type of focus in my playing.

Hope I didn't offend

Dale R. Koenig
8336 Laurel ave
Raytown, MO 64138