is anyone out there?

From: adam friedman (adamf@wam.umd.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 05 1997 - 10:18:01 PDT

Hi everyone,
        The shaku website has been curiously quiet recently- everybody
must be practicing. Thought I'd send another interesting article I've
come across. This one is by architect Kisho Kurokawa and is from his 15
chapter book "The Philosophy of Symbiosis" which is published online at

http://www.kisho.co.jp/Books/

The work is pretty remarkable in its breadth, covering Japanese
aesthetics, architecture, politics, sociology, and Buddhism (to
name a few). Here is one chapter to whet the appetite:

http://www.kisho.co.jp/Books/book/chapter5.html

                                Enjoy, Adam

[The chapter has been removed to save disk space (and avoid possible
copyright issues). To see Mr. Kurokawa's work, visit the website
linked above - ed.]