re: Adams long tones +vibrato

From: allen@mst.csiro.au
Date: Tue Jul 29 1997 - 18:14:04 PDT

I agree with Adam about long tones opening up your sound. I often make an
effort to play long tones, in "kan", trying to stretch the out breath to at
least 30 secs and maintaining a constant sound. It is a good way to
strengthen your lips and open up your lungs. I attended a breathing
workshop by Riley Lee and it was one of the best things I have done. Can
you imagine a group of about 20 people sitting in a room for one full day
just breathing and paying for it! It should be part of every students
study. Hope to hear from others on their exercises ideas etc as this web
site is a good way for students to benefit from players that have been down
this long track , as we all study in isolation. Ross