New Yokoyama Recording

From: Michael A. Firman (maf@mcs.net)
Date: Wed Aug 13 1997 - 11:55:59 PDT

Hello,

I just ran across a new recording by Katsuya Yokoyama. It is
very new (1997 recording) and on the Ocora lable from France
which is distributed in this country (USA) by Harmonia Mundi.
The title is "The Art Of The Shakuhachi" - Katsuya Yokoyama.
It also has Yoshikazu Iwamoto on second flute for their
rendition of Sanya Sugagaki, Azuma-jishi, and (of course)
Shika no Tone.
The track list is as follows:

 1) San an
 2) Tamuke
 3) Sanya sugagaki
 4) Koku
 5) Tsuru no sugomori
 6) Azuma-jishi
 7) Reibo
 8) Shika no tone
 9) Reiho

the catalog number is Ocora C 560114 HM79

I just brought it back to the office from Borders Books where
I purchased it so I have no review at this time.