Bio - Graham Ranft

From: Graham Ranft (ranftg@ozemail.com.au)
Date: Thu Aug 14 1997 - 17:04:22 PDT

Greetings! I have recently joined this list and having read some of the
"bios" and am just about to start shakuhachi lessons with Riley Lee the
Australian master. Like a number of you I have played several instruments
over many years-jazz on string bass; "western"classical music on flute and
clarinet and have been interested in Zen and /also other musics.

Like some of you I meditate daily using Theravadin and Zen tecniques but am
now beginning to " just sit ".

I am looking forward to this new interest as my wife and I have recently
moved to Canberra in State of New South Wales on the Australian mainland-we
were previously at Hobart in Tasmania- and have semi retired from running a
very large and successful music school there to eventually starting a
(much!) smaller private practice here. (We are still recovering from
moving....B-)

I would be pleased to hear from anyone in the list and to discuss
shakuhachi, Zen and the meaning of the universe ...

May you be happy and well!

Graham in Kambah, Canberra Australia.