ISS Annals Vol 1 and all that...

From: graham ranft (ranftg@interact.net.au)
Date: Thu Oct 16 1997 - 15:39:07 PDT

Greetings All! This "list" seems to have been very quiet so I thought I
would "stir up
the possums" as we say in OZ.

I have recently aquired from Monty The Annals of the ISS Vol and
Blasdel. Its been
fascinating reading and has answered many questions and I would
recommend the ISS
annals for anyone interested. Thanks Monty!

I have only been learning for a short while 2 months and getting into Bb
and Eb meri
and coming to grips (perhaps an unfortunate turn of phrase?!) with the
instrument.

I am learning the Chikuho Ryu notation but am looking at the Blasdel to
eventually
learn Kinko as this is widely used.

Would be interested to email anyone using Chikuho notation and/or
learning Kinko
or both swapping thinks, thoughts and plain just talking about the
shakuhachi, scales
used in Japanese music etc., etc.

--

Be happy and Well! Gassho!