2nd Annual Seattle Shakuhachi Society Holiday Party

From: Peter Ross (peteross@cloudhandsmusic.com)
Date: Mon Dec 29 1997 - 10:05:29 PST

Season's Greetings to Everyone!

    The 2nd Annual Seattle Shakuhachi Society's Holiday Party will be
7pm Friday, January 9th at the University Friends Meeting Hall at 4001
9th Ave. in the U-District, Seattle.

 Like last year, it will be an informal concert and pot-luck dinner.
This party/concert is open to the public, just bring food and your
shakuhachi or love of the shakuhachi.

 Students will be performing as well as a number of players who have
studied in Japan. There will be Japanese folk music sung as well as
performed on Shakuhachi and Shamisen; several styles of traditional
honkyoku music will also be played.

  I'll be performing with my friend Gary Haggerty who played on my last
CD. We've formed a group called "Journey East". We play music from
around the world on Japanese and Arabian Shakuhachi with the oud, sarod,
violin, and harmonium. There will also be photos of my recent trip to
Japan where I visited three shakuhachi makers and had lessons with two
well known masters.

Directions: From I-5 head east on 45th street. Go right on Roosevelt.
Take a right turn just before crossing the bridge. Go straight for about
two blocks and you'll come to the University Meeting Building.

For more information call Peter Ross at (206) 364-5685

Hope to see you there!