Hon Kyoku

From: Bruce Jones (bjones@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 08 1998 - 15:07:03 PST

I would like to purchase some "original music" scores - specifically
works written by Jin Nyoda. Admittedly, I know little about what
I am pursuing, but I have heard rumors and anecdotes about the work
of Jin Nyoda - that he transcribed all the original Honkyoku and
"published" them as individual pieces. I also heard that he created
a book of honkyoku temple pieces. What is not clear (in my mind
at least) is if these are the same pieces.

Has anyone written the history of the Kinko Ryu? Is it available
in English? Where does one go to get published pieces of music?
I know that the woman who runs Sharaku in San Francisco has
some individual Sankyoku and Honkyoku pieces (the stuff published
with green covers) but where would one go for published works in
Jin Nyoda's hand?

Getting a bit tired of third and fourth generation photocopies.

Thanks,

Bruce Jones Department of Communication
bjones@ucsd.edu University of California, San Diego
(619) 534-0417/4410 9500 Gilman Drive
FAX (619) 534-7315 La Jolla, Ca. 92093-0503

-=-

Communication at UCSD: http://communication.ucsd.edu/index.html
Bruce Jones: http://communication.ucsd.edu/bjones/index.html