sanfrancisco residency

From: Philip Gelb (ryokan@wenet.net)
Date: Tue May 19 1998 - 08:38:18 PDT

I am posting this on behalf of my friend Hideo Sekino. Young shakuhachi
master, Zenyoji will be coming to the sanfrancisco bay area following the
shakuhachi festival.
He will be giving lessons, master classes and a concert. FOr more
information, please contact Hideo at sekino@qtp.ufl.edu

phil

>From: sekino@qtp.ufl.edu
>Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 11:02:05 -0400
>To: ryokan@wenet.net
>Subject: Re:
>

> I want to post the info such as
>
> June 12(Sat) private lesson
> 13(Sun) afternoon, workshop; evening, concert
> 14(Mon) private lesson
>
> the workshop is held at my place
> 166 shoreview ave. Pacifica
> (650) 355-0644
> the concert at Mary Sano Studio of Duncan Dancing
> 245 Fifth St. , Unit 314
> San Francisco, CA 94103
> tel 415-357-1817
>
> and brief intro for him such as
> Zenyouji learned his Honkyoku from his father and Jishu Okazaki, both
> student of Jin Nydo since he was a small boy.
> Later he learned from Jin Nyosei, son of Jin Nyodo as well.
> He graduated Tokyo University of Fine Arts, shakuhachi major, and
> holds master degree on it. He learned Sankyou style during the time
> from Goro Yamaguchi. He has over 30 regular students and performs
> regularly around Tokyo area. He is considered to be one of the
> most eminent Honkyoku players specialized to Ohshu-kei (northen part
> of Japan) including Kinpoo style.
>
> CONTACT
>
> Hideo Sekino
> (650) 355-0644
> sekino@qtp.ufl.edu
>
> Thank you phil I greatly appreciate.
>
> Hideo

Philip Gelb
shakuhachi:performance, lessons
ryokan@wenet.net
3863 Greenwood Avenue
Oakland, CA 94602
510 336 0953
http://www.hooked.net/~ryokan/
independent distributor: Cell Tech Super Blue Green Algae