Re: Shakuhachi and Bonsai is there a connection?

From: Alcvin I. Ramos (ramos@bc.sympatico.ca)
Date: Tue May 26 1998 - 17:26:00 PDT

graham ranft wrote:

> G'day..
>
> It occurred to me the other whilst browsing about Bonsai sites on the WWW
> that maybe Bonsai and Shakuhachi enthusiasts have something in common.
>
> Intuitively I feel that that each activity have a lot in common.
>
> How many of you in this list are actively "doing" Bonsai?
>
> Anyone care to comment and start a new thread?
>
> If you think this thread will become overgrown how about replying to me
> direct? I can edit and prune and do a general post of the results, if
> any.
>
> Be happy and well!
>
> Graham in Canberra OZ.
>
> mailto:ranftg@interact.net.au
>
> WEB Page has,is and will be updated...
>
> http://users.interact.net.au/~pran/index.htm

Dear Graham,
  I thought I would add to your bonsai/shakuahchi inquiry. Both bonsai
and shakuhachi are also expressions for "ki", the life force, the breath
of the universe. The pot is a vessel which holds the pruned tree, a
dense concentration of ki, and the shakuhachi bamboo is a vessel which
our ki concentrates, flows through and connects with the universe. Then
again, everything is an expression of ki....

Al