Fuke and Hakuin

From: Karl Young (kyoung@itsa.ucsf.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 09 1999 - 15:32:34 PDT

Last summer at the World Shakuhachi festival in Boulder, at one of the
talks (I believe it was Kayu Kanda's talk "Priest fuke, Hotto Kokushi
and the origins of the Komuso") the speaker presented a painting of Fuke
by Hakuin (unless I'm mistaken - always a distinct possibility - or was
hallucinating). I didn't bother to ask for a source that had that
painting, figuring I'd just look in an anthology of Hakuin's work. Well
I've had absolutely no luck finding it anywhere (including email
exchanges with scholars of Japanese Buddhist art). Does anyone have any
idea where to find a copy of that ?

-- KY

Karl Young
UCSF,VA Medical Center