2 new cds available

From: Philip Gelb (ryokan@wenet.net)
Date: Mon Apr 12 1999 - 11:06:48 PDT

Hello fellow shakuhachi enthusiasts

excuse the blatant advertisement but i am surely not getting wealthy off of
this. :)

I have 2 new cds that have just been released.

One is on LEO, a European label and is a trio with koto players, Shoko
Hikage and Brett Larner, both from the Sawai school of koto. This cd is a
live concert from SanFrancisco last year and is all improvisations.

The other cd is on Sparkling Beatnik and features 2 pieces:
"Waves" was written for me by Chris Brown for shakuhachi and interactive
computer and performed by myself and Chris. We perforemd this piece at the
World Shakuhachi Festival last year.
The other piece on this cd is an improvisation from a concert in Berkeley
in the fall with Pauline Oliveros (accordion, conch), Jon Raskin
(sopranino, alto and baritone sax) and Dana Reason (piano).

Both cds as well as my olders ones are available via mail order for $15.
More information is on my website. I am always interested in trading with
other shakuhachi players for their cds!

thanks,

phil

Philip Gelb
shakuhachi:performance,lessons
266 40th street Way (basement)
Oakland, CA 94611
510 658 5736
ryokan@wenet.net
http://www.hooked.net/~ryokan/
independent distributor: Cell Tech Super Blue Green Algae