Time Change on May 9th

From: Ronald Seldin (nyogetsu@panix.com)
Date: Thu Apr 29 1999 - 13:51:31 PDT

Hi,

First of all, I'd like to apologize to all of you that find this
information irrelevant !!

On May 1st & 2nd, the annual Sakura-Matsuri will be held at Brooklyn
Botanical Gardens, the times on both days the time for Shakuhachi
performance was listed as 3:00 P.M..It sould have read 4:15 P.M., for both
days (at the Alfred White Momorial)..It now does...

On May 9th, we will observe our 22nd Memorial Offering (Kenso-Kai) for my
teacher's (KURAHASHI YODO-SENSEI) teacher (JIN NYODO)...In the Listings
which I have been sending/posting, there is an error in the time listed..

It has read from 11:00 A.M...
It should have read 1:00 P.M.
It now does...So, I guess while I'm here, I will post the Listings again,
with a few relevant changes:

Listings
May 1st & 2nd- will be the dates for the Annual Sakura Matsuri
(Cherry-Blossom Festival)..Shakuhachi performances will take place on both
days at the Alfred White Memorial, at 4:15 P.M.. This year, the
perfrormers will be from Ronnie Nyogetsu Seldin's Ki-Sui-An Dojo (Sunday,
May 2nd), as well as from James Nyoraku Schlefer's Kyoshin-An Dojo
(Saturday, May 1st)..

May 9- is the 22nd Annual Kenso-Kai (Memorial offering) , for the great
Shakuhachi Master Jin Nyodo. As always, there is no admission price (but
for the small garden admission price), and it will be held at the Brooklyn
Botanical Gardens, at 1:00 P.M., and will consist entirely of Honkyoku
(Zen Buddhist pieces), played for the safe passage of Jin Nyodo's spirit
into its next incarnation..For further information contact: (212)
818-0897..

May 21-June 6- are the dates for the annual Japan Tour that Ronnie
Nyogetsu Seldin has been leading since 1980..We visit Tenri, Nara, Kyoto,
Hitachi-Shi, and Tokyo..We visit Shakuhachi makers, Imperial Gardens, and
Buddhist Churches among other fascinating places..This is a tour for
ordinary tourists (at 1/3 the usual price of Japan Tours), as well as for
students of Japanese Music..There will be concerts, there will be
laughter, tears, and emotion...unforgettable!!..(212) 818-0897

June 26- is the seventh Annual Masters Recital of Ki-Sui-An Shakuhachi
Dojo.. All players have been licensed, at least at the level of Jun Shihan
(teacher), and have received professional names.. It will be held at the
Tenri Cultural Institute , at 7:30 P.M. (See above).. For info, (212)
818-0897..

June 26, and July 3- mark the two successive Saturdays at the Ki-Sui-An
Shakuhachi Dojo, when the Spring Workshop for beginning Shakuhachi
students will be held.. No experience necessary..For registration and more
information, Contact: (212) 818-0897...

July 23-25- is the first weekend of the year for the Intensive Honkyoku
weekend at the Rinzai Zen Buddhist Monastery- Dai Bosatsu Zendo..It is
located upstate New York, near Livingston Manor...All levels of Shakuhachi
playing will be accomodated..For further information, contact (212)
818-0897

August 4-13 will be the 2nd , and final Intensive period of Master-Classes
and private lessons with Kurahashi Yoshio Sensei everyday, at Ki-Sui-An
Shakuahchi Dojo, (see above)..To register, contact: 212-818-0897..

Sept. 17-19 will be the 2nd and final weekend of the year at Dai Bosatsu
Zendo, for the learning of a complete Honkyoku,
        in Upstate New York...An entire Hokyoku will be taught by Ronnie
Nyogetsu Seldin... All levels of Shakuhachi performance will be
accomodated.. For more information , contact: 212-818-0897...

I'd like to thank you all for your continued support, and patience !!

Ronnie Nyogetsu Seldin
216 East 39th St., 2nd Floor
New York, N.Y. 10016-0911

email:Nyogetsu@panix.com