PVC

From: Tots Tolentino (tots@netgazer.com.ph)
Date: Tue May 18 1999 - 19:21:15 PDT

Hi List,
I've been seeing PVC shakus on the web . Are they any good? I could imagine
they would be much easier to control and make, but do they sound good. I
play tin whistle too and the material just changes the sound so much. How
does the PVC change the sound? I'm looking for a shaku and travelling to
different climates just scares the hell out of me. I have not taken my
bamboo shaku out of the country for fear of splitting the wood. Maybe
someone has used this PVC or any other material, I would appreciate your
views. I've tried hardwood and it's just not the same but playable. Please I
am a novice so maybe I can't really tell but I feel a lot of difference
between the hardwood and bamboo. And bamboo is so so so expensive. Thanks.

Tots
tots@netgazer.com.ph