Goro Yamaguchi Goodies

From: Bruce Jones (bjones@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Mon May 24 1999 - 14:27:19 PDT

Hail fellow shakuhachi enthusiasts,

Last Winter when I was in San Francisco for the Yoshio Kurohashi
seminar week (where a marvelous time was had by all, so I can
whole-heartedly recommend both the Shakuhachi Summer Camp *and*
the bookend weekends in SF with Riley Lee and Kurohashi), I heard
about a set of Goro Yamaguchi CDs. I talked to Monty, who knew of
the set, but didn't know about availability.

I then sent a message to the folks a the Mejiro shop in Tokyo and
asked them about the set. They told me that the CDs were out of
publication - not that I could have afforded the Y150,000 price tag
anyway (yep, one hundred fifty *thousand* yen).

A week or so ago, they sent email and told me that there would be
another set of Goro Yamaguchi CDs coming out in June. This set is
12 CDs and they expect it to be priced far more reasonably.

Along with the release of the CDs will be a book of Yamaguchi-sensei's
sheet music. The CDs will ostensibly be open publication but the
music is being published in a limited edition of 300 copies.

You can contact the folks at Mejiro (address in the Cc: line) for
more details or for a copy of their summer catalog (in English).

bj

Bruce Jones Media Center/Communication #135
Webmeister & Resident Nerd Department of Communication
bjones@ucsd.edu University of California, San Diego
(619) 534-0417/4410 9500 Gilman Drive
FAX (619) 534-7315 La Jolla, Ca. 92093-0503
-=-
Communication at UCSD: http://communication.ucsd.edu/index.html
Bruce Jones: http://communication.ucsd.edu/bjones/index.html