Komuso Story Exhibition with Kanda collection

From: Shigeru Nakajima (yomei@ibm.net)
Date: Wed Jun 23 1999 - 23:49:49 PDT

Hello all shakuhachi enthusiasts,

This is my first message in this mailing list though I was allowed to join a
few months ago. Also I regret that I had not participated in this list for
long time in spite of knowing this mailing list since the beginning. Because
if I did, I could directly contact with members of this list at the WSF98 in
Boulder.

Today I have information about a shakuhachi exhibition. Komuso Story
Exhibition will be taken place at Studio M next to Mejiro shop Takatanobaba
Tokyo July 17 & 18 at 10:00am to 5:30pm. This exhibition will be displayed
the shakuhachies made by Kurosawa Kinko and by Kokyo, as well as
representative pieces from Edo and Meiji era and the "Chidori shakuhachi"
(Claimed to be the oldest shakuhachi in existence. Approximately 500 years
old). In addition, rare music sheet, Ukiyoe, Ancient Writings, SP records
and so on.

There will be explanation of the exhibited pieces by Mr. Kanda Kayu, who
lectured in the WSF98, as well.

Details of this exhibition should be enquired to the Mejiro shop the email
address below. Mejiro also has the HP. But the information of this
exhibition is described only in Japanese page by my checking so far.
However, Mejiro has already delivered English brochures about that to
registered customers.

mejiro@qa2.so-net.ne.jp
http://www01.u-page.so-net.ne.jp/qa2/mejiro/

Shakuhachi Brisbane