Kurahashi' residnecy schedule updated

From: Philip Gelb (ryokan@wenet.net)
Date: Mon Aug 02 1999 - 07:18:58 PDT

Hello

Schedule: (subject to some change)

Fri.,8/27
Lv. Denver 1:41PM United 1211
Ar. San Francisco 3:04PM

Friday august 27 solo concert at Clarion Music in SanFrancisco (confirmed)
reception at clarion afterwards?

Saturday August 28
location: Robin Hartshorne's house in Berkeley
 -beginning honkyoku master class at 11 am - 1 pm
 Kyo-Choshi, Banshiki, Chikugo-Sashi(3 pieces)
afternoon:tourist time for sensei
-advanced honkyoku master class 7-9pm
 (Futaiken)Sanya

Sunday August 29 11 am location TBA
-beginning sankyoku master class 11am - 1 pm Yuki
private lessons 3 pm - 5 pm
Sunday August 29 7 pm advanced honkyoku master class
 Jimbo-Sanya

Monday August 30 location: Nik Warren's house in Berkeley
private lessons available
10 am
11am Nancy Beckman
noon
3pm - 5 pm
 7 pm advanced sankyoku master class: Zangetsu
Tuesday, August 31 Location: Robert Khelmann's house in Berkeley
private lessons available
10 am - 1pm
tourist time for sensei in the afternoon.
-7 pm beginning honkyoku master class Sanya-Sugagaki

Wed. September Location TBA
private lessons available
10 am - 1pm
3pm - 5 pm
-7 pm advanced honkyoku master class (Rempoken)Tsuru-no-Sugomori

Thurs.,9/2
Lv. San Francisco 1:00PM Japan Air 1

The content of the private lessons is up to the student. Please send me
your preference for lesson time with a second and third choice. If there
are more people who work 9-5 hour type jobs, we will add some slots to the
evening and/or weekend for lessons.

Not all locations are secured yet. Still looking for a sanfrancisco space.

Cost:
the whole package deal of a one hour private lesson and all the master
classes you can handle is $150. As they said growing up in Brooklyn, a
bargain! (read that with a yiddish or italian accent for full impact)
Please get money to me soon! And then your choice of times for a lesson. .

For those who want a less intensive study or for the incomely disadvantaged
Each master class: $25

Private lesson
30 minutes $40
one hour $75

natto donations always accepted!

The concert costs 10 dollars and is not included in the previously
mentioned bargain. Clarion Music Center is handling that separately. Please
contact them asap to reserve your seats. Clarion can be reached at
info@clarionmusic.com and jumpingbuddha@yahoo.com
 I know this is not all that convenient and i apologise beforehand about
it. Bear in mind that Clarion is small and last time Kurahashi sensei was
here, we totally packed in CNMAT and thus i expect this to sell out in
advance again.

For more information, comments, critiques, etc. please contact me.

This should be a wonderful event! For those who cannot make it for whatever
reason, he shall be back in February, 2000

thanks!

phil

Philip Gelb
shakuhachi:performance,lessons