CD release

From: Philip Gelb (ryokan@wenet.net)
Date: Fri Oct 01 1999 - 09:03:44 PDT

I am happy to annouce the release of a new CD that i appear on!
The young ensemble from Boston, NMPERIGN has released it second CD on the
Twisted Village label and i appear as a guest on the last track, "the Moon
is a Clear Mark of Midnight" (the title is taken from writings of Zen
master Dogen). The track is about 10 minutes long and was recorded in
concert in SanFrancisco in fall,1998.
NMPERIGN at the time of the recording was Bhob - Rainey - soprano
saxophone, Gregg Kelley - trumpet and Tatsuya Nakatani - percussion.

The CD can be mail ordered directly through me for $15

Please email me for more information.

phil

Philip Gelb
shakuhachi:performance,lessons
ryokan@wenet.net
http://www.hooked.net/~ryokan/
510 658 5736
266 40th street way
basement
Oakland CA 94611
upcoming performances:
October 7 Julia Morgan Theater in Berkeley w/ Carla Kihlstedt - violin,
Hugh Livingston - cello, Shoko Hikage - koto, Tim Perkis - synthesizer,
Matt Sperry - bass, Abbie Conant - trombone
October 15 Clarion Music Center in SanFrancisco w/ Pauline Oliveros -
accordion, Dana Reason - piano
October 16 CNMAT(1750 Arch) in Berkeley w/ Pauline, Dana and Matt