Thank you!!!

From: Philip Gelb (ryokan@wenet.net)
Date: Sun Nov 14 1999 - 21:20:39 PST

I want to say thank you to everyone who took part this evening at Mary
Sano's studio. What a wonderful evening of shakuhachi! Special thanks to my
old friend Hideo for organising what i think was a very successful event.
It is really nice to be able to share and hear the wealth of variety and
quality that exists in the bay area shakuhachi scene. We had a nice array
of Honkyoku (kinko, meian, dokyoku and tozan) as well as modern pieces.

Here is a proposal i would like to make. This is the second event like this
that we have had in the bay area. We did a similiar thing in January as a
tribute to Yamaguchi Goro sensei. How about we do an event like this
seasonally? With a rotating organiser. I did the one in January and Hideo
did this one so who is next? Any thoughts or volunteers for the next one?

For me, one of the nice things about these events is getting to hear how
much each person is developing. It is very inspiring and my 2 students who
were in attendance this evening both said that they fealt like they want to
go and practice more.

Thanks Hideo and thanks to everyone who played!

phil

Philip Gelb
shakuhachi:performance,lessons
ryokan@wenet.net
http://www.hooked.net/~ryokan/
510 658 5736
266 40th street way
basement
Oakland CA 94611
upcoming performances:
Friday, November 19@ 9:30 Clarion Music Center, SanFrancisco (solo)
Dec 8.Green Hospital in SanDiego w/ Dana Reason
Dec 11 Spruce Street Gallery, SanDiego w/ Pauline Oliveros and Dana Reason
Jan 10 Noh Space in SanFrancisco w/ Eri Majima - dance