John Kaizan Neptune In California

From: Monty H. Levenson (monty@shakuhachi.com)
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 20:50:11 PST

Question: How are shakuhachi masters like waves in the ocean?
Answer: They hit the California coast in bunches.

A quick note to let you know that John Kaizan Neptune will be in northern
(and southern) CA between Feb. 16th and 27th performing concerts in
Willits, Sacramento, SF and LA. John will be joined by jazz guitarist Takao
Naoi who performs on Neptune's great new album (in spite of its title)
Shakuhachi Mellow Jazz. If you haven't heard Naoi-san, you're in for a real
treat.

The event in Willits will be held on Saturday Feb. 19th and include a
benefit concert for the Willits High School Music Program as well as a
group class prior to the performance. No charge for the workshop. (John
insisted on doing a benefit and the class for free.) All levels welcome.
The workshop will be held at my house, so please let me know if you would
like to participate.

Just wanted to inform you ahead of time about all this so you can keep that
date open. Details to be announced.

Sorry this has to coincide with Kurahashi-sensei's week in the Bay Area. We
are indeed blessed to have such distinguished guests visit us here on the
west coast.

Get back to me if you have any questions

All the best.

Monty

monty@shakuhachi.com
http://www.shakuhachi.com