Shakuhachi question

From: L Hill (lhill@austin.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jan 07 2000 - 08:00:45 PST

Hello all,

I'm extremely new to the shakuhachi, having just purchased my flute a
few days ago. I can play the 6 basic notes fine, but I'm sure there is
a wealth of styles and techniques I'm missing out on (I've also heard
that you can play in two different octaves with one?). Does anyone know
of any resources for learning more about playing the shakuhachi that are
inexpensive? I've found some books and such, but they're over fifty
dollars and unfortunately, I don't have that much money right now. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Much happiness,

Luke Hill