stolen flute in Berkeley!

From: Philip Gelb (ryokan@wenet.net)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 08:50:16 PST

I am sorry to have to report that i had a student flute stolen from me
recently. It was a rosewood flute made in Japan and does not have a
signature on it.
It was stolen by Daniel Gordon, a young half japanese, half american kid
who is a student at UC Berkeley. His address is 3025 Buena Vista Way in
Berkeley, California and his phone numbers are 510 848 9279(home) and
his cell phone is 510 682 4807.
He showed up in January as a highly enthusiastic student, took one
lesson, borrowed a flute, called a few days later and left a message to
set up another lesson. I repeatedly called him back but he did not
answer my calls. I left one unpleasant message and then he finally
called me back but still has not returned the flute and i have not heard
from him in over a month, now. I really want to get this flute back as
it actually belongs to another one of my students, Nik Warren who was
generously loaning it to me to loan to other beginners to get started.
I have loaned out flutes about 40 times in the last few years to
beginning students and this is the first time i have had a problem of
this sort.
If anyone happens to know him, please talk some sense into him about
returning this flute to me. If anyone so desires, please call or write
to harass him about being an idiot as well as a thief.
I have little faith in the police or courts but if necessary i will file
charges against him.

phil

http://www.wenet.net/~ryokan