Software for shakuhachi player

From: Shigeo Tachinana (pxb04730@nifty.com)
Date: Tue Jul 18 2000 - 23:01:05 PDT

Hello everyone.

I'd like to introduce useful software for shakuhachi players.
The software is 'Sound color analyzer and Tuner for shakuhachi'.

This tool records your sound from microphone and tell you
each component of frequency using FFT method.
You can visually understand your sound color.

If you have your favorite player's CD or tape, You may compare
with your sound and the favorite player's sound.
You will find out different sound color have different frequency
pattern.

The tool also have auto tuner-capability. It hears your blowing ,
display pitch by analog meter and corresponding Tozan/Kino note-name
and finger chart of any desired length of shakuhachi.
It is also convenient for notation conversion. (EX find corresponding
Tozan notation of a Kinko notation.)

This tool was developed for shakuhachi makers by Mr.Tastuaki Kuroda.
And recentry he and I worked together to make english version
and enhanced it for not only makers but players.

It run on both windows and mac. I tested on english version of winodws.
but we colud not test on English OS of Mac yet, Because we do not have
English OS. I hope someone test to run on Mac.

You can download from Mr.Kurada site
   http://www1.ocn.ne.jp/~tuner/tuner_e.html

It is FREE. Please enjoy it.

Shigeo Tachibana