Re: shakuhachi and injury

From: Zachary Braverman (zachary@kotodama.net)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2000 - 22:45:28 PDT

David,

You make some good points, but remember that, even if Japanese teachers have
this "awareness," imparting it implicitly to students goes against the
traditional Japanese (and Chinese, from my martial arts experience) method
of teaching, which goes something like "You can watch me for ten years and
hopefully figure it out on your own."

Based on the totally inadequate sample of my own experience, this way of
teaching produces fewer decent players but also more superb ones.

Now get back to RO!

Zachary Braverman
Oita, Japan