shakuhachi and injury

From: Windsor Viney (viney@mail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2000 - 13:33:42 PDT

Readers of this list might like to have a look at Madeline Bruser's book *The Art of Practicing: A Guide to Making Music from the Heart". See

http://www.artofpracticing.com/

for some details.

I found the book good, though of course it can't be all things to all musicians, and parts of it are thus more or less irrelevant to shakuhachi players. But the general approach looks like it could be adapted to the instrument quite easily.

Windsor Viney

Please note: E-mail to me is currently being redirected to a mail.com account. I will resume using my usual address, <wgviney@uwaterloo.ca>, in the third week of August. If you have a listing for me at the Waterloo address in your mailer's address book, there is no need to change it. Thanks. - W. V.
FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com