drone mahcines

From: Dan Jarvis (danielj@efn.org)
Date: Thu Jan 18 2001 - 16:01:45 PST

Greetings all
A couple of years ago, an out-of-town guest and friend of our local flute
circle, played a duet with another person, using a drone machine in the
background. It was a square, black box - a tone generating box, either
digital or analog (I don't know) that produced a steady fundamental tone..
My question to you all out there. What are these things, and how to get
them.

what I am really hoping to find is a sort of electronic digeridoo.. Are
there small portable digital samplers that the dig sound could be brought
into, and then modified as to pitch, phase etc? Any help would be apprec.

take care Dan