Iemoto System

From: Herb Rodriguez (Herb.Rodriguez@Colorado.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 14 2001 - 10:03:30 PST

There have been a couple of posts that make reference to the iemoto system:
eg whether a group is or is not iemoto. (See Dan's most recent post saying
that Domon Kai guild was not considered iemoto until after a certain point.)

I'm very unclear about what all iemoto entails. Can someone explain in
detail what are all the factors and implications, rules, either spoken or
unspoken, expectations, limitations, advantages and disadvantages, costs,
duties, etc, of iemoto? Who benefits from it? Who doesn't? Why have it?
I want a better understanding of what its all about.

Thanks,

Herb