Re: Searching for the Edge

From: Herb Rodriguez (Herb.Rodriguez@Colorado.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 16:11:23 PST

Nelson,

This is a very interesting article. Your comment in the article, ("So if
you're seeking a better sound and are offered a better instrument or better
embouchure--*choose the lips*." It totally supports Riley Lee's comment
that we all need to work on our embouchure. And it says a lot about the
trend for the "search for the perfect flute"!

I also like your image "So a Shakuhachi is an instrument designed to make
aurally present the turbulence of a flame of air--
*to make flames speak*." Yes, to make the flames of our inner passion
speak!!! Isn't that what all music, and for that matter all art, is about?
To give voice to the flames of our passion! Thanks for that wonderful image!

Herb