Vancouver shakuhachi

From: Joseph Danza (jdanza@direct.ca)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 13:45:34 PDT

Hello everybody:
  This is a bit of a late response to the inquiry about a shakuhachi
concert in Vancouver.
Karena may have been referring to the Vancouver Sacred Music Festival.
It happens on the second weekend of November every year (this will be
out third).
  My name is Joseph Pepe Danza. I am the Artistic Director of the
Festival and have been playing Shakuhachi for twenty years. Last year I
invited Debbie Danbrook and we played together a set in a Longhouse to a
packed and appreciative audience. Debbie is a marvelous player and it
was a pleasure to have her here. This year I was hoping to have Ray
Brooks but it didn't work out so we will have no Sahuhachi component,
other than maybe myself writing a kind of "concerto" for Shakuhachi and
a multicultural orquestra of about forty musicians.
  If anybody in the list would be interested in playing in future years
please contact me directly.
  A warm greeting to the community...

pepe