Watazumi Translation Up

From: Zachary Braverman (zachary@kotodama.net)
Date: Mon Aug 13 2001 - 18:30:08 PDT

Hi,

This is a notice that my translation of the new Watazumi CD's liner notes if
finally up on the Mejiro website:

http://www.mejiro-jp.com/Watazumi-notes.html

I would be happy to hear suggestions if you have any about wording or, if
you are nihongo-ly inclined, about the translation itself.

There were a couple places where I used translator's discretion and left out
a sentence or two, but only where the meaning to pomp ratio was incredibly
low.

Of particular interest are the notes for Dai-Bosatsu, where Watazumi makes
an round-about excuse for not playing well, and Tatebue "Mudai," where he
says some interesting things about improvisation

Best,

Zachary Braverman