Fall Camp

From: Brian Franklin (franklin@theshop.net)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 11:52:22 PDT

Fall Camp

Hello everyone,
    Fall Camp will be at Frog Holler outside Manchestor, MI where we
often hold our retreats (and where John lives) on Sept. 22 &23. The
format will be similiar to previous camps with two sessions on sat.
10am~12noon and 2~5pm with the open mike night in thebarn from 7pm.
Sunday will be 9am!12noon and 2~4pm. We will spend much time together
regardless of level differences doing drills that we can all use and
listening to things that most of us can listen to. That will include an
emphasis on reading and singing scores as we have done before and some
review (Mukaiji, Sukiyaki, etc). The new song for this camp will be Soo
Kyorei. It was very helpful doing Soo Mukaiji last camp and so we'll
continue the series. Kyorei has similiar techniques to Mukaiji and will
help reinforce what you learned in that song. Peter Alexanian will be
able to help this time and so we will be able to break up into two
groups according to level differences and get more individual help. We
will play some folk tunes and lullabys and play games to help you move
into improv.
      Please bring the usual: scores, flutes, music stands, pencils,
recording machines, sleeping bags and/or tents, food (optional), ear
plugs (somebody snores!) and much desire. The camp fee will be $150.
Checks should be in the mail the third week of Sept.
      I haven't decided on our "musical" guest for the "Concert in the
Barn" yet. They'll be a Mystery Guest this time.
      We look forward to seeing many familiar faces with new humour
again. You can email me any questions or requests concerning camp. For
those of you coming from out of town, you are welcome to come friday
night and stay at my house or next door at Les Beecher's and we can go
to the camp grounds together sat. morning. We can accomodate 5-8 people
easily so don't be reserved in taking us up on the offer.

                     Michael Gould

                 chikuzen@earthlink.net