Warning messages

From: Bruce Jones (bjones@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2001 - 13:07:36 PDT

Folks,

I hope that by now, everyone on the list realizes that any message
with a line like "I send you this file for your advice" is a viral
message (the virus is called the sir-cam virus). So, even if you
manage to get infected and inadvertently send a copy of the virus to
the list, I think it would be safe to simply clean out your own
machine and not tell the list that your email was a virus.

In other words, warning messages about virus messages are a kind of
virus in themselves. Let's not propagate that one :-)

bj

-