Re: Shakuhachi Prayer

From: millerbk@infi.net
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 09:34:22 PDT

Dear Friends,
Last evening, I was torn, in my grief, if I should even consider following my normal practice routine. How calous and audacious, I reasoned. But, I also knew that I desperately needed some way to express the immense sadness and darkness that had filled my heart. So I sat and began to blow. With tears streaming down my face, I poured out my breath and soul through my shakuhachi. Songs that were only practice tunes the day before became prayers for those souls suffering and lost. The shakuhachi became the unspoken voice of my heart.

My heartfelt prayers go out to all those who are in pain and suffering.
Divine firendship,
    Brian

RbtJonas@aol.com wrote:
> 9/12/01
Dear Shakuhachi friends,

This morning my heart overflows with many and contradictory emotions. Grief,
anger, frustration, holy fear, yearning to help, empathy, desire for revenge,
love. All that is human comes to the front. Yesterday's attacks in New York
and Washington are more horrible than our rational minds can absorb,