Re: Shakuhachi Prayer

From: Philip Gelb (ryokan@value.net)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 18:37:19 PDT

Although these attacks are obviously horrible, those of us that are
americans must realise that the barbaric foreign policies of our
country have been instilling this kind of terror on numerous
countries for decades. If we do not demand our own government to
change the way it treats people outside of our borders (and inside!)
then unfortunately we are going to be victims of these kinds of
attacks over and over again.

My heart goes out to all the victims of these attacks. My heart also
goes out to all the victims of the American bombing of Iraq which
still goes on even though the so called gulf war ended a long time
ago.

All human life matters! Not just american lives.

What frightens me more than these attacks is the propoganda i keep
hearing on the news saying we must go to war and get revenge. And an
incredible amount of anti arab and anti islamic propoganda is in
serious abundance on the streets of sanfrancisco today.

I grew up in new york city and watched the twin towers being built. I
never imagined the skyline without them since they were built.

phil

--
Philip Gelb
ryokan@value.net