I forgot something (was: Ahimsa)

From: wra@panix.com
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 04:27:02 PDT

quote was from web page at: www.gurudeva.org

after today it can be expected to be archived at:

http://www.gurudeva.dynip.com/~htoday/today/Archives/Past/2001/September/September_12_2001/

i went into work yesterday...just an attempt to do
"business as usual"...in a world where "business as
usual" won't every occur in quite the same way again.
walking down flatbush avenue in brooklyn i noticed
that there still was smoke to be seen in the sky, alth
much less of it. and when i got to the entrance to
my workplace, several miles from downtown manhattan,
unlike the day before, the smell of the smoke drifting
across the river was no longer perceptible. about
1:15 i remembered my usual lunchtime practice and
headed down to the mostly empty parking garage and
worked on my lesson. think i also did banshiki...
getting into a space in life where memory don't
work so well as it did...or maybe i'm just filtering
out what really are inconsequencial things. (weird
to walk the streets of brooklyn and see folks wearing
masks to protect their lungs from the smoke. again,
night of the 11th i saw that.) then back upstairs.
didn't really get any work done...in a narrow sense
of the word. human thing happened a bit. more of
that today. industry i currently serve has experienced
a sudden loss...many faces will no longer be present.
and...those who remain behind to miss them.

"god bless us. every one."

Love and "later"

, bill