RE: Ahimsa

From: Phil James (phil@sparklingbeatnik.com)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 09:02:35 PDT

Phil--

Isolated, that sentence is naive and perhaps dangerous, but I think in
context it was simply intended to dissuade individuals from acting violently
and from targeting particular groups. AND, Bill was quoting from somebody,
it wasn't his own statement. He was probably going for the jist of it, not
noticing how a particular sentence might sound in isolation.

Of course none of this should be construed as any sort of diagnosis on my
part that Bill is NOT insane...

Phil.