to the streets

From: Brian Franklin (franklin@theshop.net)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 11:27:52 PDT

To all list members,
        I have been playing the Shakuhachi for only nine months. On Friday,
September 14, 2001 I will go into the streets to play as the Komuso played.
I will ask for food. I will ask for money. Each day as I finished my
playing, I will collect all that I have gathered. I will take these gifts
given by strangers to the relief agencies. I will go home and be with my
family. The next day I will do the same, till my efforts are no longer
needed.
        I challenge each one of you to spend one hour a day to play for your
people. Console them with your music, give offerings to the dead, and try
to help the living survivors go on with their lives with the comfort you can
give them.

Thank you.

Take care,

Brian Franklin