RE: CHOSHI

From: Bud (bud@rajah.com)
Date: Sat Sep 15 2001 - 18:08:50 PDT

This is really interesting.... while I'm by no means to the level of playing
Chosi or anything else for that matter... (I played RO for 3 months, I'm
playing scales now)... I have plans to do a pilgrimage on foot from San
Francisco Zen center to Tassajara Monastery in the Big Sur Mountains in
about 2 years (as soon as my daughter is off to college and I have fulfilled
my family responsibilities)... it would be interesting if I could play some
small piece by that time to play as I go, but in any case I am planning to
take a flute on the walk... the idea of a walking pilgrimage being something
that has appealed to me since reading Basho many years ago...

now we actually have enough Buddhist Monasteries and centers in California
that we would be able to do a walking pilgrimage right here in this
country... and such beautiful views along the way!

Trungpa Rimpoche, the Tibetan Master, used to teach that in his secular
teachings, the Shambhala teachings, that Man was that which connects Heaven
and Earth, much like "chosi", no?

Brett "Bud" Breitwieser ( bud@zenbud.com <mailto:bud@zenbud.com> )
please visit my zen site at http://zenbud.com

Impermanence: