A temporary cease fire

From: LyndalPaul (p.donehue@student.qut.edu.au)
Date: Sat Sep 15 2001 - 22:58:08 PDT

Hello everyone,
I am yet another one of those folks who begin messages with "I usually dont
send in posts" but here I go anyway. I am just a begginer shakuhachi
student, and as such will apologise in advance if anyone thinks that I am
being presumptious.
I have found reading the posts on this list this week to be almost as
traumatic as the events which sparked them. It has seemed that the US
shakuhachi community has been in the process of polarising in front of my
eyes. Things have been said which I have a feeling may take years to get
over. This has been particularly sad to watch because one of the nicest
things about playing this instrument is the sense of community and
cameraderie that goes with it. People love to help each other out, give
advice, and emcouragement. Or at least so I thought...
So as my contribution to this list (I promise I will be quiet again from
now on) I am requesting, no actually I am begging, that the subject of this
weeks disaster be put on hold for at least 24 hours, so that people can
reflect, meditate, and hopefully put into practise some of the "healing by
playing" strategies that have been sugested.
Once again I apologise for my presumption. I am just worried that the rift
that appears to be happening will grow wider.
Respect
Paul Donehue
Brisbane, Australia