RE: newlist?

From: Bud (bud@rajah.com)
Date: Sun Sep 16 2001 - 11:14:05 PDT

I've been watching the news and am impressed by the restraint being shown by
our government officials... they are going after the vipers in their nests,
but are expressing concern that innocent people not be harmed... believe me,
as an initiate of the Naksbandi, a Sufi order from Afghanistan and Pakistan
(as well as a Zen Buddhist) there are many in the region that are aghast at
these fanatics.

"Compassion and Mercy" is a universal precept that liberates us all..
Whether playing Sabi or Shakuhachi, please keep playing those flutes...
please know that many people in the Middle East support us in the effort to
rid the region and world of extremism.

As the Pakistani Ambassador to the United States just pointed out, in the
last election in Pakistan, the religious fanatics only garnished 2-3% of the
popular vote, despite the terrible economic decline that fosters desperation
and fanaticism. Perhaps if instead of just chocolate bars, we delivered food
from the skies, we could do more to undermine the Talaban and the fanatics
in the region than anything else.

Brett "Bud" Breitwieser ( bud@zenbud.com <mailto:bud@zenbud.com> )
please visit my zen site at http://zenbud.com

Impermanence: