From: jim marquardt (marqu009@maroon.tc.umn.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 16 2001 - 22:51:49 PDT

I have only read this list for a long long time.
I am a shaku player from many years who had put his flute down.
But one suggested here to blow in a public place for this tragedy, for
the living and the dead, because it is such a beautiful sound both
inward and outward.
So, that is what I have started to do now,
to blow the confusion and sadness and anger.
It is good, it is "participating joyfully in the sorrows of the world" i

Thank you Shakuhachi list for bringing me back.

Jim Marquardt