need some help

From: Ardene Shafer (ArdeneS@MENC.org)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 10:19:43 PDT

------_=_NextPart_001_01C13F9C.F0F772E2
        charset="iso-8859-1"

Dear Shakuhachi Musicians: I was introduced to the shakuhachi and this web
site by Adam Friedman, a shakuhachi musician in the Washington DC area. I
work for MENC The National Association for Music Education and our purpose
under everything we do is to promote the making and study of music by all.
Each year we produce a half-hour PBS program fondly called the World's
Largest Concert. We are currently working on our 18th annual show. During
the program we usually have an onstage choral group accompanied by a student
orchestra. The audience is filled with local area students that sing-a-long
with the choral group on stage. The broadcast occurs at 1:00 PM EST on the
2nd Thursday of March when schools across the country can tune in and
participate with the broadcast (World's Largest Concert!). This year's
broadcast is being taped in Salt Lake City, probably on Nov 2. One of our
concert songs is a Japanese folk song , Kuma San . This song is included
with several others during the taping to highlight the locations of past,
present and future Olympic venues. The version we are using is very
shortand written in western notation in the key of F. We would like to find
a shakuhachi player reasonably near to Salt Lake City who is available to
perform with the chorus at the taping on November 2. We are a non-profit
organization and are operating on a shoe string budget and would not be able
to pay the performer but we can provide travel, hotel and meal expenses as
well as exposure on our web site and in other materials.

Is anyone out there interested? If so, please call me or email me at the
address below. Thanks for your time.

Ardene Shafer, Director
MENC Member Programs
703-860-4000 or 800-336-3768
fax 703-860-9404 or 703-860-1531
1806 Robert Fulton Dr.
Reston, VA 20191
ardenes@menc.org

------_=_NextPart_001_01C13F9C.F0F772E2
        charset="iso-8859-1"

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2650.12">
<TITLE>need some help</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Comic Sans MS">Dear Shakuhachi Musicians:&nbsp; I was =
introduced to the shakuhachi and this web site by Adam Friedman, a =
shakuhachi musician in the Washington DC area.&nbsp; I work for MENC =
The National Association for Music Education and our purpose under =
everything we do is to promote the making and study of music by =
all.&nbsp; Each year we produce a half-hour PBS program fondly called =
the World's Largest Concert.&nbsp; We are currently working on our 18th =
annual show.&nbsp; During the program we usually have an onstage choral =
group accompanied by a student orchestra.&nbsp; The audience is filled =
with local area students that sing-a-long with the choral group on =
stage.&nbsp; The broadcast occurs at 1:00 PM EST on the 2nd Thursday of =
March when schools across the country can tune in and participate with =
the broadcast (World's Largest Concert!).&nbsp; This year's broadcast =
is being taped in Salt Lake City,<B> probably</B> on Nov 2.&nbsp; One =
of our concert songs is a Japanese folk song ,<I> Kuma San .</I>&nbsp; =
This song is included with several others during the taping to =
highlight the locations of past, present and future Olympic =
venues.&nbsp; The version we are using is very shortand written in =
western notation in the key of F.&nbsp; We would like to find a =
shakuhachi player reasonably near to Salt Lake City who is available to =
perform with the chorus at the taping on November 2.&nbsp; We are a =
non-profit organization and are operating on a shoe string budget and =
would not be able to pay the performer but we can provide travel, hotel =
and meal expenses as well as exposure on our web site and in other =
materials.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Comic Sans MS">Is anyone out there interested?&nbsp; =
If so, please call me or email me at the address below.&nbsp; Thanks =
for your time.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Comic Sans MS">Ardene Shafer</FONT><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Comic Sans MS">, Director</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Comic Sans MS">MENC Member Programs</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Comic Sans MS">703-860-4000 or =
800-336-3768</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Comic Sans MS">fax 703-860-9404 or =
703-860-1531</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Comic Sans MS">1806 Robert Fulton Dr.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Comic Sans MS">Reston, VA 20191</FONT>
<BR><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Comic Sans =
MS">ardenes@menc.org</FONT></B>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>