RO: September 18 : 9:04 am (e.d.t.)

From: wra@panix.com
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 19:09:08 PDT

passing along something i just received from a
dharma teacher of mine...it's a "keeper":

, bill

Sunday, September 16, 2001

 Dear Friends,

 The following message was circulated a couple days ago by
 Christopher Titmuss to people associated with his sangha.
 Metta
 Vajramati

 IN THIS TIME OF SORROW

 Dear Dharma Friends,

 In the wake of the violent world events, we wish to invite
 our sangha of friends, family and loved ones to meditate
 together on Tuesday, September 18th, 2001, exactly one
 week after the terrible acts of violence and terror in the
 USA. An appropriate time could be from 9.04 am in New York
 City, Washington and Pennysylvania, which is 6.04 am in
 California, around 2.04 pm (14.04 hrs) in Britain,
 3.04 (15.04) in Europe, and 6.34 pm (18.34) in India
 and 11.04 pm (23.04) in Australia.

 Let us meditate together for thirty minutes in silence
 and then offer fifteen minutes for metta (loving kindness)
 to victims aand their loved ones, for survivors,
 for perpetrators, for the world-wide Muslim community
 and for the political and military leaders who are now
 deciding what to do.

 Please forward this e-mail message to as many people as you
 possibly can at the earliest possible moment.

 Metta

 Christopher Titmuss, Jaya Ashmore and co-teachers