sharing

From: daniel G. Soergel (dsoergel@juno.com)
Date: Fri Sep 21 2001 - 22:14:01 PDT

Since the flurry of responses in the mailing list have settled down, I
wanted to thank everyone for participating in a genuine way at a time
when it is difficult to understand even one's own feelings. When I
consider what I would like to communicate in this forum, I stop, think,
and then just listen. Does what I have to say do anybody any good? Who is
it for, my impassioned responses?

Many have great knowledge of the Shakuhachi, historically and
practically, and here they share it. Many have intimate friendships with
the great Shakuhachi players of our era. Others have wonderful freshness
and awe for the insight and skills they may never achieve, but here they
can all meet with no introductions or pretenses. And it is free.

The Internet is at its best like this- sharing- non commercial-
enlightening. I would ask everyone to mostly give, not sell here. If you
have wealth or leisure, you may have more to share with us. If you have
little of everything that concerns us, we need you to share with. You
justify us. When you look around at the shakuhachi web sites packed with
information, images, translations, soundtracks and videos, you get a
sense of the love and motivation of this group, a spirit of giving.

I would ask those who want a little relief here from the cascading
events that are transforming our world to be patient a little longer. It
does all of us good to know others are helped by sharing .

in peace,

Daniel Nyohaku Soergel

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.