Re: Where do the note names come from?

From: Zachary Braverman (zachary@kotodama.net)
Date: Wed Oct 03 2001 - 15:53:15 PDT

I don't know how the names of the notes were arrived at historically, but
they make sense in terms of representing the sounds they are associated
with.

Ro is a low sound, and I is a high one, just naturally the way you say it.
The ones in the middle kind of fall along the spectrum.

On 01.10.2 7:46 PM, "James Jennings" <jennings@megaseattle.com> opined: