Re: memorization

From: Dale Koenig (ourtrouvere@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 05:39:15 PST

Shakuhachi music seems to be unique, it has that detatched
quality of Buddhism. It's not strophic like pop music,
doesen't have melodies that get stuck in one's mind, nor
has text that that the melody hangs upon as western music.

The only way I've found is thru much repitition, and listening
to recordings, and following along with music, and then without,
and following along in one's mind, trying to see the music visually.

hope this helps.

Dale