Re: memorization

From: Zachary Braverman (zachary@kotodama.net)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 15:00:41 PST

I study with Taniguchi, and we always play Jun Rei Ka. I love that piece.
It is simple and beautiful. Hands down the piece I play most often. It is
the piece I play when I begin practicing, and the piece I play when I end.
And yes, it often goes through my head all day too!

Zachary

> Personally, I've got the pilgrim's song "Jyun Rei Ka" (from Taniguchi
> sensei's book published for the class at Oberlin college in the 80's)
> going through my head all day (Chi Ro..Ro Ri; Ro Tsu Re Ro... Ri..RoRiChi;
> Chi Ri Ri Re Ri Ri Ro Ri; Ou Ou Ri Tsu Re...). It's like practicing without
> a flute (not to mention that you're at work too!)
>

> Duke.

Zachary Braverman
J-E Translations
zachary@kotodama.net